TFI is looking for a Marketing Manager that will design and craft a marketing strategy and campaigns for the organization. The Marketing Manager will be the in-house manager of communications activities that promote and enhance the work of TFI.
Find out more »
Reporting to the Executive Directors, the Marketing Manager will be the primary liaison between TFI staff, our publicists, and our graphic designer and content teams. The Marketing Manager will also work closely with TFI’s development department to strategize about best ways to message TFI’s programs to institutional and individual funders.
- Work closely with the Executive Directors to develop solutions that meet marketing campaign objectives while supporting TFI initiatives
- Draft creative briefs and develop campaign strategy ideas for TFI Network, program launches, funding initiatives, IF/Then Shorts, and beyond
- Collaborate with our publicist whose directive is to actively engage, cultivate, and manage press and online relationships to ensure coverage of programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects
- Prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- On-site management of marketing presence at all events – social media, photography, videography (from shooting through delivery of edited content for the TFI website)
- Oversee development of all print communications including the annual report, annual mailings and marketing collateral materials
- Oversee TFI’s website redesign
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar for tfiny.org, and newsletter to ensure adherence to the editorial tone for the organization
- Manage in-house graphic designer, content, freelance social media consultant and freelance writers (as needed)
- Define and monitor web analytics and work with program staff to develop and implement new features on tfiny.org, designed to increase user engagement
- Recommend and implement KPIs to tie communications programs to tangible results
- Serve as the primary in-house liaison for all traditional press announcements and events.
- Project manage the marketing and collateral needs cycle for TFI during the Tribeca Film Festival
- 3 - 5+ years of professional experience in marketing/communications/advertising in one of the following areas: Media arts organization, broadcast or cable network, film studio marketing, advertising agency, or brand management is strongly desired
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts and the creative development processes (experience writing creative briefs, working with creative directors, media buying and planning, etc.)
- Project management skills with experience in project management software highly desirable
- Ability to review creative concepts and provide detailed follow-through on campaigns
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to work and thrive under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong interest in the entertainment and media industries, including film, television, documentaries, interactive and online content
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Competence as a creative writer with an eye for great emails and landing pages
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) non-exempt position with some after-hours, weekend work, and travel required. TFI intentionally considers candidates from historically underrepresented communities including ALAANA (Asian, LatinX, African, Arab and Native American) populations and people with disabilities.
Compensation: Salary: $65,000. A comprehensive benefits package includes leave time, health insurance, transit benefits, and summer Fridays.
TO APPLY: Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE no phone calls.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 and will close when position is filled. Applications will be acknowledged by email.
The Industry Manager for TFI Network is a key position for the filmmaker / industry co-production market run each year by Tribeca Film Institute during the Tribeca Film Festival. The Industry Manager serves as a liaison between TFI and film industry representatives with a particular focus on outreach, strategic connections, and cultivating and maintaining positive relationships within the field.
Find out more »
The Industry Manager oversees and manages all phases of planning, industry outreach, and execution for TFI Network. The Industry Manager represents TFI in the field and is the primary point of contact between industry executives, financiers, producers, programmers, distributors, and TFI staff. The Industry Manager plays an integral part in producing this signature event that pairs TFI-supported storytellers and their selected projects in development thru post-production with U.S. and international film industry leaders.
Reports to: Senior Director, Programs
- Responsible for the management and execution of the Network including managing all industry outreach, logistics and scheduling, and working closely with TFI Scripted and Documentary Programs staff.
- Communicate with industry representatives, providing clarity and guidance on TFI Network and its participating projects.
- Communicate and consult with colleagues at Tribeca Film Festival to coordinate industry registration, accreditation and badges.
- Schedule the full roster of meetings between participating film industry professionals and TFI-supported storytellers, as well as manage the master schedule throughout both days of the market.
- Engage industry contacts and recruit new industry attendees to the TFI Network.
- Film festival programming, market and/or forum experience, with an emphasis on producing and managing markets, panels, and/or pitches.
- Film and Media Industry connections. The Industry Manager should have experience building partnerships in the fiction and non-fiction fields, both in the US and internationally. Knowledge about the current film funding and distribution landscape is key.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented, with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles, and to creatively problem solve.
This is a temporary full-time (40 hours per week) position with some after-hours and weekend work during the TFI Network. TFI intentionally considers candidates from historically underrepresented communities including ALAANA (Asian, LatinX, African, Arab and Native American) populations and people with disabilities.
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com and include "TFI Network Industry Manager - [Last Name]" in the Subject line. Please, no phone calls.
Application Deadline: Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
We are not currently seeing any interns or volunteers. Please check back later.
TRIBECA FILM INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE CAREFULLY CONSIDER APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.