Rules and Regulations Our Local Is Global
All eligible projects must have a director, and preferably a producer, attached at the time of submission. These scripted projects should have an intended length of under 20 minutes. They must showcase stories that are personal or native to you and your community, but can relate to and reach a global audience. The filmmaker must explain how this short or pilot presentation can be developed into a scripted feature-length film or series. There is no restriction on genre or style, but we are looking for something that can be sold to one of the WarnerMedia Networks or Studios (Full List HERE).
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
In order to qualify for OUR LOCAL IS GLOBAL, entrants must comply with ALL of the following Rules and Eligibility Requirements. Failure to comply with these rules will render a submission ineligible.
- Applicants are required to apply with a screenplay for the Proof of Concept, with an intended length of under 20 minutes and a budget to complete the Proof of Concept for $50,000.
- Projects must have a writer and director attached and be ready to shoot within 2018. Having a producer attached is strongly encouraged.
- Applicants must showcase stories that are personal or native to the applicant and his/her community, but can relate to and reach a global audience.
- Applicants must explain how the Proof of Concept can be developed into a scripted series or feature-length film.
- The Proof of Concept will have a screening presence at the 2019 Festival. Additional entrance into the official shorts section of the 2019 Festival will be determined by the 2019 Festival programming team.
- Films intending to be subtitled are eligible, but the submitted screenplay must be in English.
- ONE full sample of the director’s prior work must be supplied via an online-streaming source (YouTube, Vimeo). Sample work must be a minimum of 5 consecutive minutes in length, though we encourage longer. (Examples of prior work may include a webisode, short film, feature film, series, music video, commercial, etc.). DO NOT provide reels or more than two samples of prior work, unless there is more than one director attached to the project.The intended project must NOT have been distributed in theaters or have aired on any form of television, internet streaming, or public screening prior to April 2019.
- Applicants must be a U.S.-based alumnus of a TFI program. This includes key team members (writer, director or creative producer) on a project supported by TFI, in any year or program.
- No non-fiction projects will be accepted in 2018.
All submissions must include the following:
- A completed online application form sent by email to alumni. If you have not received this link, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A U.S. based filmmaker that is considered an alumni of any TFI programs. Bios and contact information for key filmmaker(s)/applicant(s).
- A synopsis for the feature film or series this short is intended to be adapted into.
- If submitting footage via online streaming URL – Links embedded in your online application that redirect to a streaming website where we may access your footage. PLEASE NOTE: You must not take down your footage at any time through the submission process, or you will be disqualified.
- A budget top sheet or summary that reflects the $50,000 award. The project must be made within this $50,000 budget, including post-production. Shorts should all be made within a $50,000 budget (with the exception of in-kind services which may bring the budget over $50,000).
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
June 25, 2018 – Submissions Open
July 23, 2018 – Submissions Close [11:59pm EST]
There is no entry fee to apply to OUR LOCAL IS GLOBAL. Entries will not be considered complete until all of the materials are received. Please refer to the guidelines above.
Please visit our FAQ page for answers to some commonly asked questions. If you still have questions regarding the entry process, please feel free to contact us directly: email@example.com or (212) 274-8080