Our City, My Story
New York City – bold characters, dramatic settings, and tender moments that connect people. During the Tribeca Film Festival, Our City, My Story premieres the most outstanding short films that capture the fabric of our city, as told through the perspective of young filmmakers under the age of 21. Share your story with us. Share it with the world.
Submissions Now Closed
Interested in applying but not sure where to begin? Take a look at the finalist of 2018!
Additionally, please review the Rules and Regulations of 2018.
Rules and Regulations
To be eligible for consideration:
- Entrants must fully comply with the Rules & Regulations, including deadlines and entry material requirements.
- Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time of submission.
- Films must be less than 10 minutes in length.
- Filmmakers must be 21 years of age or younger and residing within the five boroughs of New York City.
- Youth filmmakers must play the major creative role in the production of the submitted works— as directors, writers, and/or editors. Preference will be given to films that are overwhelmingly youth made.
- Any works reflecting more than 15% of creative control by filmmakers over the age of 21 will be ineligible for submission.
- Organizations submitting youth-produced works may be requested by Tribeca Film Institute staff to undergo an interview by a Tribeca Film Institute Staff member.
All entries must include the following:
- Completed Our City, My Story Online application
- Signed “Our City, My Story Agreement & Release” – Download PDF
- Completed Film submitted on its own PRIVATE, URL link (Vimeo, YouTube). Each entered film must be accompanied by its own completed “Our City, My Story Online Application.” Please do not send a compilation of work for separate entries.
There is no entry fee to apply to Our City, My Story.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org