New York City – bold characters, dramatic settings, and tender moments that connect people. During the Tribeca Film Festival, OUR CITY, MY STORY premieres the most outstanding short films that capture the fabric of our city, as told through the perspective of young filmmakers under the age of 21. Share your story with us. Share it with the world.
Interested in applying but not sure where to begin? Take a look at the finalist of 2018!
Rules and Regulations
To be eligible for consideration:
- Entrants must fully comply with the Rules & Regulations, including deadlines and entry material requirements.
- Filmmakers must be 21 years of age or younger.
- Filmmakers must reside within the five boroughs of New York City.
- Films must be less than 10 minutes in length.
- Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time of submission.
- Youth filmmakers must hold a key creative role in the production as director, writer, and/or editor.
- Preference will be given to films that are overwhelmingly youth made.
- Any works reflecting more than 15% of creative control by filmmakers over the age of 21 will be ineligible for submission.
- Organizations submitting youth-produced works may be requested by Tribeca Film Institute staff to undergo an interview by a Tribeca Film Institute Staff member.
All entries must include the following:
- Completed OUR CITY, MY STORY online application
- Reviewed and signed “OUR CITY, MY STORY Agreement & Release”
- Completed film submitted as a private URL link (Vimeo, YouTube, etc).
- Each entered film must be accompanied by it's own completed “OUR CITY, MY STORY Online Application.” Please do not send a compilation of work for separate entries.
There is no entry fee to apply to OUR CITY, MY STORY.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com