Save the Date
Submissions open soon for many of our grant programs. Mark your calendars and start prepping your materials!
Funds: Tribeca All Access®, TFI Sloan Filmmaker Fund, TFI Latin America Fund, AT&T Presents: Untold Stories
Submissions Open: Wednesday, September 6th
Submissions Close: Monday, November 6th
- Tribeca All Access ® is TFI’s flagship program for scripted and documentary storytellers from underrepresented communities. TAA specializes in providing a full range of services for storytellers who are best described by one word: Fearless.
- The TFI Sloan Filmmaker Fund provides grants and professional guidance in support of innovative and compelling narrative features that offer a fresh take on scientific, mathematical and technological themes.
- The TFI Latin America Fund provides grants, professional guidance and an entrance into the US industry to scripted, documentary, animated, or hybrid feature-length films from innovative film and video artists living and working in the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America.
- AT&T Presents: Untold Stories provides funding of up to $1 million for 1 talented filmmaker to create his or her film, and Tribeca will provide mentorship from seasoned industry professionals. AT&T will distribute the winning film across its video platforms, including DIRECTV NOW.
Fund: Tribeca All Access® Alumni Fund
Submissions Open: Saturday, August 5th
Submissions Close: Tuesday, September 5th
- Tribeca All Access® Alumni Fund supports its alumni throughout the year by offering microgrants of up to $5,000 for support in various capacities. Any team member of a TAA project may apply for any type of support - from seed/development funding for new stories to finishing funds of a previously-supported TAA or new project, to distribution & festival circuit support. The TAA Alumni Program supports any storytelling medium – including short films, episodic television, interactive or web-based projects.
Fund: IF/Then Short Documentary Program
Submissions Open: American South currently open; American Midwest opens Tuesday, August 1st
Submissions Close: American South closes Friday, August 4th; American Midwest closes Tuesday, September 15th
- IF/Then Short Documentary Program is TFI’s newest filmmaking initiative that awards monetary grants and provides year-round distribution mentorship to diverse and emerging filmmakers creating short documentaries. The program was developed in partnership with, and supported by, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation. Each grant cycle focuses on filmmakers working in a specific region of the U.S. or internationally. Currently accepting submissions for two separate U.S. pitch competitions: American South (in partnership with New Orleans Film Festival): for filmmakers living and working in the American South and American Midwest (in partnership with St. Louis International Film Festival): for filmmakers living and working in the American Midwest.
Coming Soon: American West & International Pitch competition! More details soon.
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest updates on our grant programs.
*Dates subject to change.*