Film Fellows Application
The 2018-19 program will focus on mentorship. Five Film Fellows will be paired with a prominent industry professional in the same discipline (e.g. editors with editors). Mentors will provide professional guidance, career advice, and hands-on work experience to the Fellows. Fellows will have the opportunity to work on a film or television production while shadowing their Mentors. This Fellowship is designed to provide tangible skills in specific disciplines in film and television production.
Applicants must designate a specific film discipline of study. The disciplines include Animation, Art Direction, Casting, Cinematography, Costume Design, Directing, Editing, Music Composition, Producing, Production Design, Screenwriting, and Sound Design.
Tribeca Film Fellows® will also participate in industry and screening events during the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Tribeca Film Fellows submissions are now closed. Please check back in 2019.
June 1, 2018—Submissions open online
September 30, 2018—Submissions close
October 2018—Applicant Interviews
November 2018—Notification of Acceptance
Program Dates: October 2018 – August 2019
To be eligible for consideration:
- Entrants must fully comply with these Rules & Regulations, including deadlines and entry material requirements.
- Entrants must be 17-21 years of age at the time of the application submission.
- Entrants must reside within 50 miles of the greater New York City metropolitan area.
- Entrants must have been actively involved with video production for at least 12 months.
- Entrants must have a career aspiration in some area of media and/or video/film.
All entries must include the following:
- Completed Tribeca Film Fellows Online Application
- Personal Statement Video - A video introducing yourself and answering the following questions (5 minutes max):
- Who are you?
- What are your aspirations in life?
- What makes you excited about the film/TV industry?
- What films/TV shows inspire you?
- What communities do you identify with? We want to learn about your relationship to the community or communities you belong to.
- Letter of Intent - A written Letter of Intent answering the following questions (750 words max):
- What would you like to gain from this fellowship? Be specific.
- What aspect of film/TV production are you most interested in having hands-on experience?
- Within your film discipline, what industry professionals would be your ideal mentors and why?
- Include all film, media, and television production experience
- Include education
- Letter of Recommendation
- Provide a written letter of recommendation from a film/TV professional, school instructor, or cultural administrator.
- Work Samples
- Screenwriting – Provide 7 - 15 pages of a script that you have written, in proper screenplay format. If your work has been produced, provide a link, website, and/or reel of your work.
- Animation, Art Direction, Costume Design, and Production Design – Upload PDF files of artwork or sketches of your work, if available. If your work has been produced, provide a link, website, and/or reel of your work.
- All other disciplines – Provide a link, website, and/or reel of your work.
Entrants may apply to more than one discipline. However, the following guidelines apply:
- Entrants may apply to a maximum of two different film disciplines.
- A separate application must be submitted for each discipline.
- The following Entry Materials must be different and specific to the discipline per application:
- Letter of Intent
- Recommendation Letter
- Work Samples
- Preferred Mentors
There is no entry fee to apply to the Tribeca Film Fellows® program.
Feel free to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your submissions!